Everything You Need To Know!
If you would like to commission me, please read this entire page carefully, and then do the following steps:
- send an email to email@example.com describing what you want! Use my pricing breakdown in your description.
- If there’s an example of something you like in my gallery, please let me know so I have an idea of what you’re looking for.
- If you want a specific character, pose, or person, please send me reference photo links as well so I can best give you what you want!
- If you are purchasing a traditional work, please provide me with an address so I can mail you the original, if you are requesting digital work I will need an email address. I may ask some questions for clarification, so please be prompt with responding to them so I can get started as soon as possible!
- If you have a specific deadline, let me know!
If you would like to commission me commercially (to make a logo for a business, illustrations for a book, etc), there will be an additional cost due to the fact that you will be receiving the rights to reproduce and sell my artwork. Please let me know if you plan to use my work commercially, and we will work out an agreement.
- Base: $10 (this is the base price for the time it takes me to sketch out your commission, regardless of what else you want done. Everything else is added to this price)
- Inked: +$5
- Flat Coloring: +$10
- Shading: +$5 for simple cell shading, +$10 for anything more complex
- Background: +$5 to $10 depending on the complexity (does not count if you just want a flat color in the background)
- Additional Figures: +1/2 commission price per humanoid figure, +1/4 commission price per animal figure (background cost not used in calculating this)
- Drawn in Illustrator: +$5
- Drawn in Traditional Media: +$3 (for shipping)
- Extra Use: +$5 (see “Use of Commissioned Images” for details)
If you are only commissioning a portrait of a single character, and not a full body image, the coloring cost will be halved, and the shading cost may be waved or halved depending on style.
Please read these sections thoroughly before commissioning me!
I will not start working on your commission until payment has been received via a paypal. After I have received payment, you can expect to receive your drawing within two to three weeks unless otherwise stipulated in our agreement via email exchange.
For digital commissions, you will receive two digital images in png format (the background will be transparent if no background was requested), one at 72dpi and one at 300dpi by email. If you want a jpg or vector file (for illustrator commissions), please let me know.
I am open to most subjects, so don’t be shy about requesting something you haven’t seen me draw before. However, there are certain subjects and situations I refuse to draw, such as explicit pornography and anything that is racist/sexist/homophobic. If you’re not sure if I’d be willing to draw what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to ask!
USE OF COMMISSIONED IMAGES!
Purchasing a commission from me entitles you to two digital copies (one at 72dpi, the other at 300dpi) and one print copy (which you are free to have made on your own if you so choose) of the image. You are not to crop or alter the image, post it online, or create multiple copies of the image either digitally or via print.
The $5 extra use fee gives you the right to create as many copies of the image you like, and post it online, so long as it is not used to make a profit (sold, used on a commercial website, printed on a business card, etc.) However, you still may not crop or alter the commissioned image, and I would appreciate a link back to my website if you post it online.
Do not use the images I create for commercial use unless you pay for it. This means, you can not reproduce, sell, or use my art in any way that earns you money without paying the extra fee. If you want to use it for a website or project that is not for profit (for example, my work for afterwicked.com) I may decide to waive the commercial use fee, but you have to explain what you want to use the commission for first.
I reserve the right to sell prints of commissions that do not contain copyrighted characters. (Note, this does not apply to commissions purchased for commercial use.) The same goes for posting my commissions on Deviantart, Tumblr, Facebook or other websites. If you do not want me using your commission in this way, please let me know, and we’ll work something out.